Stress, anxiety, grief, and depression are just a handful of things currently affecting Hoosiers across the state. 

You are not alone and there is no wrong door for help:

  • Call 911 for an emergency. If a police officer is required, requesting a Crisis Intervention Team officer may be appropriate.
  • Call 211 to speak to a trained counselor 24/7 through the Be Well Crisis Helpline.  All calls are free and completely confidential.
  • Call The MHAI Ombudsman Office if you are in need of mental health and addiction services, but don’t know where to turn.

1-800-555-6424 ext. 1239 or at 317-638-3501 ext. 1239 or

Email Kris Griffin at

Are you Experiencing feelings of hopelessness as you watch a family member struggling to cope with a mental illness or addiction? Do you, as a consumer of mental health and addiction services, have questions or concerns about your rights? The Indiana Mental Health and Addiction Ombudsman is a program to help people who use the mental health and addiction services system throughout Indiana. 

What is an Ombudsman?
An Ombudsman helps you understand and use the mental health and addiction system in Indiana. The Ombudsman also can assist you in a problem resolution.

Who should call?

  • Consumers of mental health and addiction services.
  • Family members.
  • People that are interested in learning about: Local mental health and addiction services, Treatment and care issues, Consumer Rights when using the system.

All client calls are confidential. Mental Health America of Indiana.

Please contact Consumer Service Line 1-800-901-1133 to find the Ombudsman Service nearest to you.